Watching the Deniers is growing, and I’d like to thank everyone who has visited, commentated and added a link to their own blogs and web sites.I started the blog just over a month ago, and have appreciated both the positive and negative feedback. I’ve also received suggestions on how to improve this blog.
So, with much fanfare and the launching of virtual fire works, I’d like to highlight some recent improvements to the Watching the Deniers blog!
New pages and new content
Three new sections to find out about the denial movement, how they operate and how you can help blunt their attack on science:
- Herald Sun’s War on Science – tracking and exposing how the HUN wages war against not just climate science, but all science.
- How you can help – help me and this blog monitor their activities in the media. Not just in Australia, but anywhere else! The denial movement is a tightly run and organised cabal of PR hacks and spin doctors. What they say on a blog in the US, makes it’s way into the Australian media very quickly. Being forewarned means we can blunt their assault on science. We can use the network effect to great effect if we join virtual hands. Feel free to make suggestions for topics, point out spelling mistakes (OK, a few) and any errors in how I represent the science. I love to be wrong. No, really. It’s healthy.
- The Evidence: how the deniers mislead – documents from the deniers themselves explaining how they wage their war on science and mislead the public. The first time I read these materials I was shocked. However, as the old saying goes “Know your enemy”.
New blog features
- Enhanced discussion – recent comments are displayed at the top of the page. Tell me and others what you think. Start a conversation, join one. Challenge me, show your outrage or just say hi!
- Email subscription feature – love the blog? Want to be kept up to date with my exciting posts? Then subscribe!
- Tools for combating the deniers – links to external resources and articles on this blog that help you understand the denial movement and sharpen your research and critical thinking skills (see right hand navigation, a weedle bit down the page).
Take my blog, please!
Well actually, forward it to people who you think might be interested. This is how we shape public opinion one person at a time. Use the network effect!
I’d like to shout out to the following blogs and people for help Watching the Deniers grow:
- Citizens Challenge
- The guys over at Hot-Topic- NZ
- PZ Myers at Pharyngula
- Ken @ Open Parachute
- Sou from Bundanga
- John Cook @ Skeptical Science
- And the numerous people linking to individual stories via their blogs and in discussion forums!
Go there, see their great work.